HAWA CORPORATION & PABLO PUBLISHING PTE. LTD.
POST SHOW REPORT ON VIFA WOODMAC VN 2017
The 1st Vietnam Woodworking Machinery & Wood Materials Fair – VIFA WOODMAC VIETNAM 2017 was held from 23 – 25 August, 2017 at Binh Duong Convention & Exhibition Center (BCEC) – Hung Vuong Boulevard, Hoa Phu Ward, Thu Dau Mot City, Binh Duong Province, Vietnam.
The organizers are: HAWA Corporation (Vietnam) & Pablo Publishing Pte. Ltd. (Singapore), and supports from Handicraft & Wood Industry Association of HCMC (HAWA) and Binh Duong Furniture Association (BIFA).
Although VIFA WOODMAC VN 2017 is the 1st edition, with careful and adequate preparation and organizing, the fair achieved the following results:
1. SCALE: (calculated as standard booths)
• 420 booths
• 120 Exhibitors
Among the exhibitors:
• Machinery (56% of the total exhibitors), Wood materials (22%), Hardware (16%), and services (3%).
31 Vietnamese Exhibitors from 6 Cities/Provinces. 89 Foreign Exhibitors from 15 Countries & Territories.
Ho Chi Minh City, Ha Noi, Binh Duong, Dong Nai, Long An & Kien Giang. China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Austria, Canada, France, Gabon, Germany, Italy, Malaysia, Poland, Singapore, Switzerland, Turkey & USA. Among those, there are 61 Exhibitors from China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Total visitors of VIFA WOODMAC VN 2017 (2,149 visitors). Number of foreign visitors is 589 people from 25 countries & territories.
Foreign visitors percentage: Asia 91,68%, Europe 3,9%, Americas 2,89%, Australia 1,53%, Africa 0%.
Top 10 nations best represented countries are: China (294), Taiwan (162), Malaysia (25), Japan (20), USA (15), Korea (12), New Zealand (8), Thailand (7), Germany (6), and Italy (5).
Chart 1: Purpose of visiting the fair (%).
Most visitors come to the fair with the purpose of Look for new products / technologies / services (42%), next is Evaluate the show for future participation (19%), Extend my network (17%), and Place order (8%).
From the above chart, qualified visitors are 84%.
Chart 2: How did you know about the fair (%).
The channels that visitors know about VIFA WOODMAC VN 2017 are Invitation from the Exhibitors (19%), Friends / Colleagues recommendation (14%), Fair Website (11%), Invitation from the Organizer (9%).
3. TRADE PROMOTION:
During the 3 show days, many Exhibitors show Thank-you boards to express thanks to the Buyers bought their machines.
However, in the Result Survey Form, the Exhibitors don’t show the value of sold machines, or value of the contract/MOU signed at the fair.
In the fair, there are 2 activities:
– Best practice sharing workshop on: “Total productivity improvement in woodworking industry”, with participation of representatives from 50 companies in woodworking industry.
– “Wood grading class”, with participation of representatives from 15 companies in woodworking industry.
Promotional campaign plays an important part in preparing and executing the fair, the organizer pay much attention to promoting the fair in foreign and domestic communication channels:
a) Foreign magazines:
− Panels & Furniture (Pablo Publishing)
− Interwood (Taiwan)
b) Local advertising:
• Outdoor advertising:
– Posters of VIFA WOODMAC VN 2017 at the International Arrival Terminal (Tan Son Nhat airport)
– 200 street banners hang along the streets in Thu Dau Mot City, the routes to new city and around the fair area.
– Large banner leads to the fair area (in front of BCEC).
• Newspaper / Magazine advertising: (advertising page, article, short news)
1) Vietnam News
2) Saigon Times Weekly
3) SG Entrepreneur Weekly
4) SG Entrepreneur
5) Binh Duong Newspaper
6) Dong Nai Newspaper
7) Thanh Nien Newspaper
8) Nhịp cầu đầu tư (Investment bridge)
• TV advertising:
– BTV: pop-up fair information in the Breaking News – Sports News
– VTC, BTV: show information in the Breaking News on 11/08/2017.
– SCTV8, VTC, BTV: opening ceremony information in the Breaking News on 23/08/2017.
• Website banner:
– Fair banner in the websites of Binh Duong Department of Industry & Trade, Associations: HAWA, BIFA, VIFORES …
c) Online marketing:
• Email marketing:
– HAWA Corp. sent the e-newsletter to all exhibitors and visitors of VIFA-HOME 2016, VIFA-EXPO 2017 and exhibitors registered VIFA-EXPO 2018
– HAWA Corp. sent 1,264 invitations to 632 woodworking companies in Binh Duong and HCMC.
– HAWA association sent the e-newsletter to all members.
– Pablo Publishing sent 1.000 invitations to the companies in Vietnam.
• Social Media:
– Fair Website: 15,000 views
– Fair banner/logo in other websites: Doanhnhansaigon.vn from 13-20/08/2018
– Facebook ad, including pageviews & reach: 1,090,000 reaches
– E-newsletter sent to visitors of VIFA HOME & VIFA EXPO – 3 latest years: 20,000 emails (sent twice)
– Promoting the fair in social channels: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, YouTube, Google+ …
– Main keywords related to the fair are in tops of Google search.
d) Press Conference and Opening Ceremony:
• The Press conference introducing VIFA WOODMAC 2017 was held on 11 August, 2017 at HAWA Corp’s office, with participation of representatives from 14 Newspapers and 2 TV.
• The Opening ceremony of VIFAWOODMAC 2017 has participation of representatives from 3 Newspapers and 3 TV.
VIFA WOODMAC VN 2017 is held for the 1st time at a brand-new venue, which is a bare-ground, not an Exhibition center and has no facilities. VIFA WOODMAC VN 2017 has many difficulties and arising matters, but all are resolved satisfactorily. Besides, the Organizers’ worry is to invite the qualified visitors. The Organizers decided to invest in promoting the fair to attract target visitors (woodworking companies in Binh Duong, HCMC, Dong Nai, Long An …). The result is the visitors of the fair are potential buyers. These are the great achievements of this 1st fair.
This is also the 1st time HAWA Corp. & Pablo Publishing cooperate to organize VIFA WOODMAC VN. The Organizers and other partners, with experience, responsibilities and close cooperation, takes all efforts to make the 1st edition of VIFA WOODMAC VN successful.
VIFA WOODMAC VN heads toward a professional international fair, will be improved to achieve higher level.
See you at VIFA WOODMAC VN 2018!